I like transparency. I also like repeatable processes – once you have a repeatable process, you can measure and you can improve.
To that end, here is our plugin deployment process:
- Develop fixes, features on your local environment
- Commit changes and edits to your local repository against the relevant Jira issue
- Once you have a complete package you are happy to deliver, ensure you update the version number in the main file of the plugin
- Request a pull (or push if you have priviliges) to the relevant Bitbucket repository for the plugin
- Create a zip of the plugin (if you’re zipping from your local repo, remember to delete the .git folder from the zip)
- Test the new plugin on debug.wpintense.com where we have extensive logging, monitoring and regression testing
- Once confirmed ready, upload the zip file to the wpintense plugins folder and edit the relevant .json file to include the updated version number
- Test the automatic update works properly using demo.wpintense.com (all our plugins are installed there)
Chat to me directly through our on-site chat bubble.
Latest posts by Dave Hilditch (see all)
- Minor update for Scalability Pro released - December 2, 2018
- External Images 1.97 released - December 2, 2018
- External Images upgrade released – gallery support added - November 30, 2018