This minor update is for those of you installing fresh on MySQL 8 (as opposed to those who upgraded to MySQL 8).
MySQL 8 by default makes the ‘information schema’ tables case-sensitive, so there was a bug that meant new installs were not spotting the indexes which had been created causing much confusion.
If you were affected, you would have seen something like this after creating the indexes:
Now that this bug is fixed, you should see the following. If you do not, please delete the indexes and then create them again.
You should see this once the indexes are created.
This is one of our key plugins to solve performance and scalability issues with WooCommerce and WordPress in general. The following items are coming soon to speed things up more:
- Optimised product variants – the way WooCommerce stores product variants is awful. I’ll fix that soon.
- Improved options for sort order – e.g. to keep sort orders in wp-admin but eliminate it and use DB ordering on the front-end
If there are other things you’d like to see, let me know.
- Manual update for Super Speedy Search required - September 4, 2020
- How to enable debug.log to collect WordPress error messages - September 2, 2020
- More speed, more updates, and a bit of a roadmap for our plugins - July 2, 2020