If you have a WordPress performance problem that you cannot solve, this service is what you are looking for.
- We will analyse your SQL queries to identify table scans and database optimisations that will transform the speed of your site
- We will analyse your plugin profiles to identify poorly coded plugins that are consuming your CPU, RAM and/or disk resources and suggest better alternatives or possible code alterations
- We will implement fixes for your performance issues within this service. Where not possible, due to time constraints, we will provide advice and guidance and/or quotes for your next steps.
- Where necessary, we will profile your slow PHP code using xDebug to identify poorly written PHP code that’s consuming your CPU
- You will receive a bespoke report covering everything discovered and optimised.
There is no WordPress performance bottleneck we cannot solve.
What you get with the In-depth Performance Analysis and Optimisation service
- We will go through your website and find the bottleneck(s) that are slowing your website.
- He will focus on the URL(s) you identify as being your main problem areas
- In some cases more optimisation will be required, at which point you will be given options to proceed.
- This could be as simple as replacing a plugin but sometimes need a bespoke solution or custom code
- If the performance problem is outside of your WordPress environment (e.g. a third-party API) we will give you advice and recommendations based on our discoveries
- If the performance problem requires custom code or code alterations to fix it, we will give you a quote to fix it.
- We will review your entire stack configuration and optimise it
- We will focus especially on URL(s) you identify as problem areas, but will also uncover and fix other underlying performance and scalability issues
- Plugin configuration will be optimised to improve your site performance
- Front-end performance will also be optimised to get you good scores in GT Metrix, Pingdom etc
- CRON jobs will be measured, assessed and optimised
- Slow queries will be discovered and fixed – these will be fixed permanently so the fixes transfer to any of your future server-stacks
- Cases of ‘too many queries’ per page will be discovered and fixed where possible – sometimes this requires too much custom PHP coding to cover inside of this service. Where that is the case, a temporary workaround will be established and a quote for the full custom code will be delivered.
- We will perform a full xDebug PHP analysis on your theme and plugin code to identify problem areas.
- By the end of the analysis, your WordPress website will be running as fast as it possibly can, and you’ll have a plan of action to solve any remaining niggles in your PHP code. These can typically be solved by forwarding our recommendations to the relevant plugin authors, or hiring a third-party PHP developer to implement our recommendations.
Rest assured, we will find your performance bottlenecks
This performance analysis work is carried out by our founder, Dave Hilditch, an industry guru for performance optimisation. There has never been a performance problem Dave can not figure out and fix. His background is building the technology for Skyscanner where the databases had billions of rows of data, and there were millions of DB queries per day. He is the person who coded up Scalability Pro, Faster Woo Widgets and Super Speedy Search to make your WordPress websites scale to millions of products and beyond. He is also the author of our Rocket Stack build guide.
No downtime involved
There will be no downtime, unless we advise you in advance (as part of our analysis) that downtime will be required so we can plan a suitable time.
What we need from you
Please prepare the following for us so we can complete your order quickly:
- A WordPress admin account for your website and your development website
- A URL (or URLs) where we can see your worst performing pages
- FTP or SFTP access so we can read your debug logs
- Screenshots if they help to understand your performance issues
- Please also prepare a backup of the files and database in case we need to make a clone of the site on one of our own stack builds for further analysis
- If you use SSH keys for your server, add our SSH key to your /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file (add a new line and paste the key)
- Where possible, please provide access to a development or staging server where we can implement and test changes, but we will also need access to your live site as many
- Any additional info that may help – especially if this performance issue is a recent development, tell us as much as you can about what happened recently that might be related. It’ll help us get to the bottom of the issue more quickly.
Our SSH key
Add the following key to your server if you use SSH keys to give Dave access. Add it to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys at the end of the file on a new line.
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAQEAlGexBmYAra4iPBgZWSsPWnmXubAxA5rBxV+HXAK03/22hIn3S5NNVAV5FZ8LW2yiTV/6Kan3c7pELv0ym9OXNq85ZXED4ayz0lhZ77/G+AmZW/+1zdIYJFgwJH6RdHzqypJx08Yiw4+r/ScvHkEhO+pOQoz/b41RLKFU75zRZUjDBGtEZPBQWk+wBcVQZY4umyO/XDRYZqO2yfmwxwfFbVahumksAdUU6Z7l3mwQFOGP+i9XQaiU7EUirU6WHZR7vRea2HDEUrlOJi3W3XtNeHuQyYpOigRq3nxoPXH175hhEhIUpkjXIqLeGbBImQJynR2W2D2uyYFWDicbJmSpGQ== davehilditch
Please chat to us through our on-site chat before purchase to check for availability in our calendar.