1) What kind of performance boosts should I expect for a Woocommerce site with 50K products (soon 100K products).
Running on a VPS with 2 cores, 1 GB ram and standard HD (no SSD).
2) Can it work together with WP Rocket?
3) Does it also improve the performance of paginated product category pages + product category pages that are sorted by price, name etc. (instead of the default sorting).
4) Can it work together with the Woocommerce Brands plugin?
VPS is Apache. It isn’t possible to get Nginx.
1) 50K products – host dependent – you’re probably talking your pages are taking about 4 seconds to generate the database queries now, that will reduce to 0.2 seconds. There is other stuff included in page load that this plugin does not help – e.g. serving up static files etc, if you still have problems there, better hosting will help – check out my blog article for how to migrate to digital ocean and server pilot really easily.
2) Yes – works with all caching plugins – complements them – caching creates a copy of stuff – the WPI performance plugin makes it fast to generate the stuff in the first place
3) Yes but I’m still improving this area – if you have a particular sort order or multiple sort orders you need optimised then let me know, send me examples, i’m updating the plugin weekly
4) Pass – don’t know – would be good to find out – what is this plugin?
3) The standard Woocommerce sorting options, by price, by name etc.
4) This is the plugin: https://woocommerce.com/products/brands/
Please login or Register to submit your answer