- If you opt-in, we will track traffic behaviour & patterns using Google Analytics and Facebook pixel. We analyse this data to improve our website and display relevant adverts and information for our products.
- If you purchase from us, we will create an account so you can access downloads. If you cancel your order, or it fails for some reason, your information is deleted within 7 days. Successful orders are retained for 9 months after which the personally identifiable information is anonymised. We retain the record of sale for tax purposes, but with nothing tying it to you.
- We never sell your details to anyone
- We record IP addresses on our servers for 7 days for security and anti-DDOS measures, after which they are deleted using logrotate
- We use SSL throughout
- If you comment on our site, you will be given an option to remember your name and site URL. You can refuse.
- If you chat to our support team, through forms, email or our chat interface, this chat history is retained for 6 months for the purposes of supporting you. This chat history is GDPR compliant. If you email us, this message is forwarded to us using Zoho email and the emails are deleted from the mail server.
Web browser cookies
Our cookies include:
- Google Analytics – anonymised traffic recording so we can see paths users tend to take through our site
- Affiliate tracking – for the purposes of recognising which affiliate brought you to our site so we can reward them.
- Comment forms – you can optionally choose to record a cookie when you leave a comment to save time next time you comment
- Orders – if you add items to your basket, a cookie is used for that functionality
- Google Retargeting – If you opt-in, we may use this cookie to show you personalised adverts (off-site) for our own products
We collect the minimum information possible
WPINTENSE may collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties. If you are claiming VAT relief, we may need to request your address to comply with VATMOSS regulations.
- To send order emails
We may use the email address provided when ordering to send User information, download access and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To send new article notices, deals and alerts via email
If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, and new articles. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- For generic traffic analysis
If you opt-in to our Google Analytics cookie, we will track your path through our website with your IP address anonymised.
- For support chat
If we are not available when you chat to us through our chat system, we provide an option to enter your email address. This email address is then used to email you our replies to your support chat. Intercom – the chat system we use – deletes this information after 9 months of inactivity and it is never provided to any third-parties.
We protect your information
We have strict data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
We never allow developers or contractors access to user data – they always develop bug fixes or code fixes in their own isolated environment without access to any user data.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
We record IP addresses of visiting traffic solely for the purpose of anti-DDOS and security. These logs are deleted after 7 days.
We never share your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We do not store customer credit card details
We use PayPal to process payments (unless you choose the bank transfer method) and we never ever store your credit card details.
You can also contact us using our email addresses: [email protected] Please note: If the support request is something requiring an answer that other users would benefit from, we will ask you to post the question to our public site so that others can benefit from the answer.
This document was last updated on 9th August 2021