It would be good for seo to have the ability to add custom text on the top or bottom of the page just like the description of a category, but based on the choice of filter configuration.
This way we can create better landing pages for already filtered pages of products with a specified category and/or attributes. For example, the following pages can be created: Smartphones (category) + Apple (attribute) + Gold (attribute).
And for this page the H1, title and meta description will be created automatically, but SEO text will be added manually in the admin backend based on active filters.
1) if the url is ‘/smartphones/apple/gold’ or active filters are ‘smartphones and apple and gold’ show seo text ‘description 1’
2) if the url is ‘/smartphones/samsung/white’ or active filters are ‘smartphones and samsung and white’ show seo text ‘description 2’
View Live Progress
A Trello card has been created for this feature request. You can watch progress live using the card below.
January 19, 2019 @ 6:40 pm
Some extra info:
Add option to backend admin screen
1. repeater meta-box with
a) multiselect field with a list of all terms (categories and attributes)
b) description field
2. before the description should be conditional like ‘!is_paged’ to avoid duplicate content (description) issues between paginated pages
3. if selected fields in backend admin metabox 1.a) = $FWW_PAGE_FILTERS appear the right description
4. $termdescription function should be added as a separate function (not within fww_add_h1_title), so we can easily change it’s position and remove it from ‘woocommerce_before_shop_loop’ with a ‘remove_action’ e.g. when someone want to add it manually at the bottom of the template or another hook like ‘woocommerce_after_shop_loop’ or ‘woocommerce_after_main_content’
March 8, 2019 @ 6:20 pm
Automatic adding of these pages (with seo text) to the sitemap, which is generated by the Yoast SEO plugin would be nice.
March 20, 2019 @ 2:11 pm
I’m just wondering if this would be better within another feature: https://www.wpintense.com/suggestions/fww-sitemap-bulk-generation-of-all-available-urls/
July 29, 2019 @ 3:17 pm
A little more advanced option would be creating landing pages based on filters. For such page you can specify a unique H1, title, meta description and SEO text that will overwrite global FWW settings.
March 29, 2020 @ 7:44 pm
Looking for feedback on Trello card – some questions for this. https://trello.com/c/qy1GHWHG/41-fww-add-generated-sitemap-urls-tab-and-allow-users-to-configure-top-and-bottom-text-including-bulk-edit